How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Searching for a light-duty pickup truck with heavy-duty towing capabilities? Look no further than the 2019 RAM 1500! When it’s properly equipped with a HEMI® V8 engine, the RAM 1500 possesses a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it the bragging rights of Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*.
For the 2019 model year, the new RAM 1500 is bringing greater capabilities and improved fuel efficiency to the table, setting you up for more productive work days in Logansport. Explore the 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity and more, below!
RAM 1500 Towing Capacities & Engine Specs
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque
- Generates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
Depending on which trim and engine you opt for, your payload capacity will range from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine
- Generates 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque
- This engine generates the same horsepower and torque as the HEMI® V8 above, but with eTorque, your towing capacity is increased to 12,750 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Working together with the eTorque mild hybrid system, the TorqueFlite® Transmission allows the RAM 1500 to earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Stopping at a moment’s notice will be no problem thanks to the RAM 1500’s Largest-in-Class 14.9-inch brakes.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: When you upgrade your RAM 1500 to include this optional system, it will help you monitor your blind spots on the roads and highways of Brookston, all while taking your trailer length into account.
Get Behind the Wheel of a 2019 RAM 1500 at Hendrickson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
When you’re ready to experience the unstoppable power of a RAM 1500 for yourself, drop into Hendrickson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for a test drive! During your test drive, you’ll have a chance to see how convenient interior features like Uconnect® can help you through your West Lafayette commute. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact us, and be sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials!
Dreaming of a new RAM 1500, but worried about a bad credit score? Don’t count yourself out! Consult our guide on how to secure financing with bad credit, then get in touch with our finance professionals to see how they can help.
More from Hendrickson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Searching for a light-duty pickup truck with heavy-duty towing capabilities? Look no further than the 2019 RAM 1500! When it’s properly equipped with a HEMI® V8 engine, the RAM 1500 possesses a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it the bragging rights of Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*. For the 2019 model year, the…
There are a lot of good reasons to buy a compact SUV. They often offer a “just right” level of space and can feel more comfortable on the road than some of their clunkier cousins. Unfortunately, there’s also a lot of reasons not to buy compact models. What they gain in smooth handling, they lose…
Often, when you look at advertisements for trucks, they’ll focus on things like their powerful engines and gritty demeanors. They’ll make them out to be vehicles that can go anywhere and do anything. Unfortunately, “everything” rarely includes the important things you’ll deal with day-to-day. The 2019 Ram 1500 is different. While it has all the…